Name 12 characters you have played in RPGs, before looking at the questions that follow. Once you've picked your 12 characters, look at the questions and answer accordingly. (No peeking until you've picked your characters!)
1) Silverhawk Orion Woods (Arion Woods) -- D&D
2) Bayushi Tashiro -- L5R
3) Miyamoto Rei -- Shadowrun
4) Daryl McKintrick -- Vampire
5) Rei of Shadowmere -- Exalted
6) Johnathan Chase -- Top Secret S.I.
7) Rinaldo Villanova -- 7th Sea
8) Dimitri Romanov -- Furry Pirates
9) Maxwell D. Amon (Daemon) -- Silver Age Sentinels
10) David Banner -- TORG
11) Kristien Tremblay -- Mage/Ars Magica
12) Erien Prodigal -- Werewolf
1) Who would make a better college professor: 6, or 11?
(Johnathan Chase or Kristien Tremblay?)
Oy. Err, I would have to say Kristien Tremblay. He's *ancient*, born in the 1100s and still around in the 21st Century. Being a mage, he's had a lot of book learning, and lived through a lot of history, so I think he'd do more than fine as a professor. And he'd be able to tell when people are cheating, too.
Johnathan Chase is mostly self-taught, having not attended school and living on the street for most of his childhood. He's a self-made man and fairly well off, but there's a lot he doesn't know. The company he runs is not essentially run by him, but by the people he's hired -- he knows his limitations.
2) Do you think 2 is hot? How hot?
Tashiro? Oh hell yes. (Dangerous Beauty and Benten's Blessing). Tashiro fits quite neatly into the 'attractive asian' stereotype you would see in anime, and is supposed to be quite the hotty. He's got the dark, smoldering look to his eyes, the perfect features, and the sense of being a dangerous person ('bad boy'). Considering he's a member of the Scorpion Clan, this all makes sense.
3) 12 sends 8 on a mission. What is it, and does it succeed?
(Erien Prodigal sends Dimitri Romanov)
Err. Wow. Okay, so the werewolf spirit master (Werewolf, modern setting) sends the gypsy (fox) illusionist (Furry Pirates/Furry Outlaws, Age of Exploration) on a mission. Hmm. Okay, I can work with this. Erien Prodigal has been contacted by the spirits, informing him that there's something going wrong in the deeper part of the woods. He performs a powerful sending to the 'right spirit' for the job. This sending contacts Dimitri, and when he investigates, he finds powerful necromancers contacting demonic forces, and proceeds to try to deal with them. Dimitri is an INSANE knife fighter, and is quite skilled at cloaking himself with illusions to not be seen, so I think he could do very well if he was careful. Sure. I think he'd succeed. This would then remove the dark taint from the deeper part of the woods, and leaves Erien to deal with the spirits who try to escape.
4) What is, or would be, 9's favourite book?
I have NO idea. Max has this thing about absorbing information by computer, and can 'read' anything there in an instant (and anything within the city that is stored electronically). Reading a book ... sitting down to read it? I guess he'd do that while he's doing a few dozen other things 'online'. Hmm. I think he'd enjoy the Harry Potter series, actually.
5) Would it make more sense for 2 to swear fealty to 6, or the other way around?
(Bayushi Tashiro, Johnathan Chase)
HA! Actually, I could see Chase hiring Tashiro in an eyeblink. Chase is very much the 'leader', and runs a security agency / secret ops organization. Tashiro would be a perfect man for the job -- and Chase would probably get along well with him... they both have a love of bows. I think Tashiro would respect him as a leader.
6) For some reason, 5 is looking for a room-mate. Should they share a studio apartment with 9, or 10?
(Rei of Shadowmere, Daemon, David Banner)
Oy. Hmm. I wonder in what setting this would be? Assuming Exalted, I don't think EITHER would be a good idea, since Daemon would be going crazy at the absolute LACK of technology which he can 'read'. David Banner is a Core Earther who has become an Orrorshan werewolf, so he has a dark streak in him which can result in bouts of savagery. Actually, between the two, I would think Daemon. Daemon can create anything out of thin air, and could really do wonders with an apartment -- and keep them well off, fed, and rich. ;) --- I wonder if he could create orichalcum?
7) 2, 7, and 12 have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss?
(Bayushi Tashiro, Rinaldo Villanova, and Erien Prodigal)
Rinaldo takes them to this nice little place he knows in Vodacce, which he purchased some time ago. Tashiro enjoys the vegetable and fish meal, and Erien eats rabbit, so as not to spaz Tashiro out. The discussion? Hmm, I think it would have to be a discussion of honour, and what each considers to be the benefits of following a code of honour, and what is considered 'honourable'.
8) 3 challenges 10 to a duel. What happens?
(Miyamoto Rei, David Banner)
David would look absolutely confused. The duel would involve Rei, who is a skilled Fox Shaman, calling some HUGE spirit to smack David around. David would transform to werewolf form, and try to rip the spirit a new one, but I think he'd be insanely outclassed. If all goes well, David will NOT suffer a setback and go feral.
9) If 1 stole 8's most precious possession, how would they get it back?
(Arion Woods, Dimitri Romanov)
This would most likely be Dimitri's ability to do magic, and would all be part of some elaborate plan to get Dimitri to do some quest which would ultimately be critical to Dimitri's happiness and to the stability of the world. Arion IS a god of Fate and Destiny, after all...
10) Suggest a title for a story in which 7 and 12 both attain what they most desire.
(Rinaldo Villanova and Erien Prodigal)
"The Iron Prince." This would be a 7th Sea/Werewolf the Apocalypse (not Forsaken) cross-over. Erien Prodigal goes on a quest into the Umbra, and comes to Theah, where he is tapped by Rinaldo to assist in his taking over of Vodacce. Erien becomes his secret weapon, and soon discovers that the Bargainers are powerful Wyrm spirits who were sealed off from the realm. The climax of the fight would be Erien's pack and Rinaldo's allies versus Caligari, clockwork horrors, and Black Spiral Dancers on the island of Cabora, which in the end sinks into the sea. Rinaldo is declared Prince of Vodacce, and Erien is finally accepted into the Black Furies (if only in name) for the courage he's shown and the ancient treasures he brings back.
11) What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4 and 1 to work together?
(Daryl McKintrick and Arion Woods)
Arion looks at what is needed to be done, and shapes Fate so that Daryl McKintrick goes along the proper path without being any the wiser. This would involve a few coincidences, and the nudging of a few people to give the proper advice or information necessary.
12) If 7 visited you for the weekend, how would you get along?
I would probably hate his guts. Seriously? While Rinaldo is a charming, generous individual, I really couldn't see me liking him. He's manipulative, and does everything to further his own ends.
13) If you could command 3 to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be?
Hmm. I'd ask him to help my sister Samantha out once in a while, so she could get out and about more often. Rei has a spell called Animus/Anima which would be perfect for the job.
14) Does anyone on your friends list write or draw 11?
I believe Malcolm has drawn Kristien once. I don't think anyone else has.
15) If 2 had to choose sides between 4 and 5, which would it be?
(Bayushi Tashiro, Daryl McKintrick, Rei of Shadowmere)
100% behind Rei of Shadowmere. Rei serves the Sun (Tashiro would accept this as 'Amaterasu'), and Daryl is a VAMPIRE (undead thing), which would make Tashiro consider him 'tainted'. Thus, Daryl would have to die. Now... could they succeed? That's a tough call -- Daryl's damn resilient and can inflict brutal levels of damage.
16) What might 10 shout while charging into battle?
Oh, that's easy. He'd pick the leader and scream, "I INVOKE THE EVERLAW OF ONE!" -- this invoking a Reality Storm and taking the leader out of the fight... he's annoying that way. :D
17) If you chose a song to represent 8, which song would you choose?
"Deception" -- The Cruxshadows
18) 1, 6, and 12 are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets to eat it?
(Arion Woods, Johnathan Chase, and Erien Prodigal)
Erien is outclassed. Arion's a god, and Chase has MAD reflexes. If Arion wants it though, he's going to have it, since Destiny would declare it his. However, Arion's not like that, so Chase would get it. Funny enough, Chase and Arion HAVE met before. Erien hasn't met either.
19) What might be a good pick-up line for 2 to use on 10?
(Bayushi Tashiro, David Banner)
Err. No. Tashiro may be bishie, but he's straight. So's David.
20) What would 5 most likely be arrested for?
(Rei of Shadowmere)
Enacting the Unconquered Sun's will upon some high-ranked criminal with a really nice 'cover' in society. Rei would take the guy out, and be charged with murder.
21) What is 6's secret?
Where to begin? His father was an oyabun for the Yakuza, and murdered his mother and nurse-maid in front of him while he was a child. He killed his father (at the age of 8, I think?), and escaped, being hunted by the Yakuza. His first act on US soil was to kill a terrorist who had hijacked the plane and was holding everyone hostage -- but the terrorist had a dead-man's switch on some explosives, and the plane blew up, killing everyone. Chase has a LOT of psychological issues -- as an adult he's a decent man, though a bit intense. He does not let himself feel sadness for anything he's done or experienced, but he WILL accept fault for his failings.
22) If 11 and 9 were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
(Daemon, Kristien Tremblay)
Kristien. He'd simply teleport there. Victory!
23) If you had to walk home through a bad neighborhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 or 8?
(Rinaldo Villanova, Dimitri Romanov)
Hmm. Rinaldo. He'd cut up anyone who caused trouble. Dimitri might actually rob me. ;)
24) 1 and 9 reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4's sinister secret organization. 11 volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that he/she is actually a spy for 4. Meanwhile, 4 has kidnapped 12 in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5, they seek out 3, who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic?
(Arion, Daemon team up. Daryl McKintrick is the bad guy. Kristien offers to aid Arion/Daemon, but is actually a spy. Daryl's kidnapped Erien Prodigal. Rei of Shadowmere offers wise advice, so they seek out Miyamoto Rei).
This ... is nuts. Hmm. "The Well Between Worlds 1: The Twilight War" It would have to be multiple parts.